How Long Does a Roof Replacement Take?Jan 31, 2023
How long will it take? This is one of the most common questions roofing companies get from customers. The short and quick answer is how long a full roof replacement takes depends on several factors. First, consider that roofing comes in different materials, and each material requires a different method and time frame for installation. Let’s look at some of the most popular roofing shingle types and their average replacement times:
- Asphalt shingles – one to three days
- Wooden shingles – six to eight days
- Slate Tiles – six to seven days
As you can see, there’s no one answer. But to be as accurate as reasonably possible when trying to determine how long your roof replacement will take, here are three important variables that you should keep in mind:
- House size – This one is easy to understand. The larger your home is, the longer it will take to replace your roof. Replacing the roof of a small one-room cabin will be significantly faster than replacing the roof of a sprawling estate.
- Roof system complexity – A roof that features a lot of facets at multiple angles, hips, valleys, and a steep pitch makes the installation more time intensive than installation on a simple roof that has only two or four facets. Also, a roof that is too steep to walk across or to store tools or materials on will require the use of additional safety equipment for the roofing crew.
- Weather – The weather affects both how long it’ll take to replace your roof and when you can replace it. A roof can’t be replaced in the rain, snow, freezing temperatures, or even when it’s too hot. Replacing a roof in any of these conditions raises the risk that it will be improperly installed.
Roof Installation Services From a Trusted Contractor
If you’re planning to replace your roof soon, look to Chesapeake Remodeling Group—a long-tenured company committed to providing homeowners and business owners with cost-effective property improvements We perform meticulous roof inspections and install roofing from the industry’s most respected manufacturers, such as GAF, CertainTeed, and TAMKO. To schedule a free consultation, contact Chesapeake Remodeling today.